Policies & Regulations @ mackdonald
Corona Safety Measure Policy
We have worked diligently in conjunction with Ireland´s National Health Service and our governing bodies to ensure our school in Kilkenny is a safe place for our students and staff. Our school has large, spacious classrooms, common areas both inside and outside that are adequately sized to safely accommodate our students and our staff.
We will continue to follow all government guidelines on social distancing and will ensure common areas are maintained to a high degree of cleanliness.
Child Safeguarding Policy
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, host families, agencies, leaders and teachers is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
Admissions & Attendance Policy
Punctuality and Attendence Policy
Enrolment Protection Policy
Medical Insurance Policy
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Policy
External end-of-course Exams Policy
Complaints and Grievances Policy
- If you have a complaint, you should first try to resolve it informally, before following the procedure below.
- Keep a record of your complaint/ grievance. Include who you talk to aobut it, and when.
- Complaints and grievances are initially presented to the Academic Manager (office(at)mackdonald(dot)com).
- The Academic Manager completes the appropriate form with the student/teacher/staff member.
- The Academic Manager seeks to resolve the complaint and meets again with the person filing the complaint within 3 working days.
- If the complaint is not resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction, it is referred to the owners of the school.
- The owners meet with the complainant within 3 working days and record any details in addition to the original complaint form.
- The owners seek to resolve the complaint and consult with the complainant.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, a further meeting may be sought with an independent respected member of the sector.
- At all stages, the complainant can have a witness present when meeting with other parties.
- If the original complaint is against the Academic Manager then the complaint goes directly to the school owners.
- If the original complaint is against the school owners, then stages 6-8 are void and the complaint proceeds directly from stage 5 to 9, if it has not been resolved at stage 5.
General Data Protection Regulation Policy